Concord Reuse Project
Repurposing the Former Concord Naval Weapons Station
The Concord Reuse Project (CRP) Area Plan, adopted in 2012, will transform the former Concord Naval Weapons Station (CNWS) into a high-quality, world class project that will be recognized internationally for its innovative planning and development concepts. This includes developing a transit-oriented, housing-rich development anchored at the North Concord BART station. It will be the single largest new housing project in Northern California, with housing at a range of affordability levels. The approximately 5,000-acre site also designates land for a new regional park, commercial and office space, a campus district, a tournament sports park, a comprehensive network of parks, open space and trails, and other community benefits.
- 5,046 acres (approximately half will be developed, half is planned to be a new regional park)
- 12,272 housing units (planning for 25% affordable units), including single and multifamily homes for up to 28,000 new residents
- 6.1 million square feet of commercial space for office, retail, light industrial, R&D and other potential uses
- 2.3 million square feet of higher education or R&D facilities
- Parks, open space, and community facilities that may include a tournament sports facility and citywide park
- Full buildout expected in 30 years
The Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA) and the American Automobile Association (AAA) of Northern California, Nevada & Utah is currently utilizing the property as GoMentum Station for testing the latest in autonomous vehicle (AV) and connected vehicle (CV) technology.